Friday, January 11, 2019

Weekly Update

Hi Everyone!

Happy Friday! The first grade teachers have had a busy week! We've started talking about both our 100th day of school celebration and Valentine's Day. I am so excited to share plans for these special days in the next couple of weeks. :)

I'm also finishing up our mid-year literacy assessments and I am absolutely over-the-top proud of how much progress the kids are making. Thank you for all you're doing to support their literacy growth and development!

I'm keeping my update super short this week!

Focus Areas for the Coming Week:

  • Reading-We are continuing our "Readers Have Big Jobs" unit, in which we will discuss ways can support their own reading growth and be responsible for fixing up a tricky word at the first sign of trouble. 
  • Writing- We will finish editing and publishing our nonfiction All About chapter books. 
  • Math- We will finish our money unit.
  • Social Studies- We will talk about the life and contributions of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Just like every other teacher, I am SO ready for the snow this weekend! We need some snow to brighten up the gloominess of winter. I hope you all enjoy the weekend with family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment